Friday, April 23, 2010

NAGPUR HEAT AND MADNESS

One of the most idiotic things i have ever done. I put the alarm at 5: 40 PM instead of AM. Thanks to the driver of Mega cab, which I had luckily booked previous night, for calling up at 5 38 to inform that he was there. I got up with lightening speed and did everything AFAP to leave from home for catching the flight at 7:00 am. Luckily everything went perfect and I reached Nagpur. We were put in the SUN N SAND Nagpur. Even thinking about the execution of the document in this transaction made me sweat. It was supposed to be signed by 34 parties. Just imagine 34 people signing on each page of the documents. There  were six documents in all. But anyways what has to be done, it has to be done. By the way, its the biggest land deal i have done so far and I am gaining some valuable experience.

DAY 1-APRIL 22,10

We were taken to the office of the parties which were selling their property. Oh ! forgot to mention that the temperature.It was 47 degrees. Majority of the documents were finalised but the vendors being individual, they were damn hard to deal and negotiate with. And till afternoon only we could freeze the documents. However, the figure 33 made life difficult for us, as there were supposed to be 33 receipts having different details and moreover the mega signing session also had to take place. I havent told you guys about my migraine. If I stay hungry for long (usually in the afternoon) my head starts aching. And it had to happen. When it rains, it pours. One kind gentlemen offered me crocin and it was really helpful in vanishing my pain. And then after lunch we formatted and printed the documents as we did not have the luxury of stenos that we have in our office. And then as we entered the room, I saw 33 faces eagerly waiting for us. All were very nice and accomodating people and  did not throw tantrums of any sort. However the mega signing session was sucessful, but still their were some pages left. We started preparing receipts at 8 pm and went on till 10 and then did the reamiong papers and it was 11 by then. I was agin damn hungary. Dad called. Everyone at home wanted to talk and I was very irritable. I told dad I will talk to everyone tomorrow morning and sat in our car to leave back for hotel. While going back, I dont know why I felt choked and wanted to cry. But I did not. May be its my eyes. They want me to cry as they have dried up. I am using artificial tears for them. But I guess I really need to cry. As soon as i reached back, I was too tired for thinking about dealing with my thoughts and emotion and crashed on bed. As I tell everyone, the best part of being employed is that you are still in your early years and are being trained. Infact you are being paid for getting trained. How wonderful is that. Furthermore, work keeps you buisy and away from the complexities, pains and sorrows of your life atleast for few hours in a day. It could be harmful as well if you become a recluse.

DAY- 2

Since we had hedged our risk of delay, we were quite relaxed in the morning and i spent half n hour under the shower. The drivers did not know the way to the registrar`s office. As clock moved, it got hotter and my eyes were itching as well. We all hijacked a nearby restaurant and started the process of finishing up the mega signing event. Finally we did it. Then we had wait in the registrar`s office till our clients were assured that they had bought the land. Huge deal it was. And at the end, the Vendors were rich, our clients got the land and we got nothing. Ofcourse fee would be charged and our work would be praised but still. Anyways i should say that coz i know i am not at all greedy. Actually i do not know what to do if i get so much money. I want so many things, i want to travel everywhere and I get confused. And amidst such confusion, I realise everything is temporal and i am becoming abstemious.

2 comments:

  1. V all hav beautiful stories of everyday life.. V r all made of small lill stories..
    feels so gud that u r sharing this with every1 .. this page will be remembered by evey1 who reached here .. and in bliss of flashback V vil all cry reading this page .. gopi u know wat.. i just huged each n every1 of us rt now... its a beautiful feelin to be me... thanks 4 reminding me that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Danbhai ! You are a special friend. As Alex Rover says.....Everyone should be the heroes of their own stories (see movie nim`s island) !!! We all are heroes of our own stories !!! Despite downs and ditches, we stand tall.

    ReplyDelete