Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kyonki Main Jhooth Nahi Bolta !!!

Before I write the main content of this small post, I shall tell you an event that happened in my life today. It was a call from a client that I received on my office landline number (022-22715636 (emphasis supplied -matlab "landline" pe gaur kijiyega):


I was working on 3-4 matters today paralelly and around 4 pm my phone rings and I pick it up:

Client: Hi ! Is it Mr. Gaurav Gopal?
Me: Yes! Speaking.

Client: Hi! This is X this side.
Me: Oh ! Hi Mr. X. How are you doing? (In a moment I realized what he had called for. And I was occupied in other urgent matters, I had not worked on his matter!)

Client: So have you read the agreement and papers that I had sent you last week. (And I was right. I knew this was coming!)
Me: Yes. I have read the papers (a white lie). But riht now I am out of the office so cannot discuss. (Goddamn! I realised and cursed mself for being foolish and stupid. Who picks up his office landline and says that I am out of office??? Have you guys being so dumb ever in your lives?). But then in 1/2 asecond I again realised what I had done and tried to correct myself.

Me: Ummmm. Sorry can you hear me??? I think there is some disturbance. So yeah since I am moving out of office now, can we discuss it sometime later?
Client: (Must have been saying to himself -do you think Im an airhead or stupid that I wont understand what you had just said a second ago???) Okay. No problem. We will discuss it tomorrow.

Me: Mr. X, tomorrow would not be possible since I am going to Delhi (which is true). Therefore we can discuss it on Monday.
Client: Alright. I will call you on Monday.

Me: Sure. Thank you.

Conversation over.

Now, jokes apart. Apart from it being a major stupidity on my part, I firmly believe that all these practices are highly unethical but due to work pressure I have been forced to follow at times. Till last year I used to attend each and every call of our clients, for I understood how important their matters are to them. So I always made myself available and ensured that their work is completed before time. But since last six months or so, due to immense pressure and exponential growth in number of matters, my approach changed and since I couldnt finished work on time, I have been constrained to lie and give false excuses to clients. I have now divided matters based on urgency and priorities and I still try to finish all matters on time. But todays incident has forced me to review my own approach. I sincerely believe that One shouldnt do such things to others which may cause pain to him and you should always put yourself in place of others for determining if it is painful.


Being inspired by some events that happened in my life I had decided that I shall speak the truth always. And I really try hard to practice it and am sucessful most of the times. Trust me. Speaking truth always helps. We might be afraid of immidiate consequences. But speaking truth is the best practice.

If you commit an error, you must confess it. Error can be rectified but a lie cannot be.

If you know you cannot do something, say you cannot do it. (This doesnt apply to things which are genuinely possible). Do not give a false hope to anyone.

If you do not know something, accept it.

If you love someone, tell them. Everyone likes to be loved and pampered. This applies to all relations. Even to a girl who your are afraid of telling.

If you know that someone loves you and you dont/cant love them, then tell them you dont/cant love them. They see ray of hope in your every smile. Do not give them any hope.. Do not keep your options open !!! (exception here is the true love. when they are hopelessly in love with you without any condition and expectation. They will keep loving you. No I am not taking about Shahrukh Khan in Darr type of love).

If you do not like a thing which is being imposed on you and which is against your principles, then protest.

Above are some indicatives for you to follow.

When one lies, he is deceiving himself and everyone is capable of deceiving himself. Because in your mind, you know the truth. If you can be truthful to your mind, why cant you be truthful to the world? You shall always take a pride in speaking truth.

Truth keeps your conscience clean and you never have to look down before anyone. Truth resolves all issues. We all want to know the truth so we all should practice speaking truth and doing truthful things.

I am not just preaching. I have learned a something from my mistakes. I admit before all of you that I lied. But from tomorrow I shall make a fresh start. I shall speak truth and do the truthful things.


Regards and love.

I must sleep now. Have to catch an early morning flight tomorrow. Dilli chalo.



No comments:

Post a Comment