Friday, July 16, 2010

Ladki Kyun na jaane kyun Ladko si nahi hoti!!!

Ladki Kyun na jaane kyun Ladko si nahi hoti!!!

Ladki Kyun na jaane kyun Ladko si nahi hoti – Remember this song from Hum Tum?? Yeah ! only difference is that here in this post it is not a question. Its a statement. Looks ironical to me.

Amidst heaps of pending and new work piled up before me, I was today successful to find a thought to share with all of you (Assuming that there are atleast 2-3 readers of my blog). It was something which I was forced to think. And the reason for this was a call. An old and respected relative of mine (the name and relation is not so important hence not mentioned) called me up today to find out the postal address of our home at Indore.

I was very nicely told that he (my relative) is genuinely very concerned about my brother and our family. I don’t have any doubts about that. Therefore ( he continued) , as a matter of concern, care, respect, worry and other bullshits, he was looking for a nice homely girl and wanted to mail photos and kundli of that girl. Despite of not been so inquisitive by nature, something forced me to ask the question WHY and WHO IS THE GIRL???. Then he went on answering my simple question (who is the girl) with his additional CARING inputs. And since language should be no bar in describing his real intention (and also since I am not the master of this language), I shall narrate the real hindi version. He said – Ladki bohat Sundar hai. Chemical Engineer hai. ME kiya hua hai aur Indore based hi hai (minus markings for those who pronounced it as Mera wala Me. Its Master of Engineering). Dekho beta ! Apan toh aisi ladki dhoond rahey hain jo maa baap ke boodhey hone ke baad unka khayal rakh sakey. Jissey khana banana aata ho, jo sanskari ho, baat maaney aur zyada tez naa ho. Aur Dahej toh achha milega hi kyonki tum dono bhai badi achhi posts pe kaam kar rahey ho. Despite of disagreeing with each and every word, I kept saying yes for everything because of two reasons. Firstly I did not want to waste my time in office in getting into any kind of useless arguments. And secondly there is no point arguing with old relatives unless and until it is earth shattering for you.

Now let me highlight the issues in the above conversation. Firstly, all these old relatives just for the sake of their ego, image, reputation and word given by them, why do they unnecessarily bother looking for girls and increase my heartbeats ( ofcourse they are finding girl for my brother but after him, its me). Kata kata bechara bakra..........kata kata bechara. It feels as if ki humari aarti uteri jaa rahi ho bali dene se pehle.

Another issue is that y a homely girl only?? This is the most popular and accepted fact by 75% of guys that ki shaadi toh gharelu, homely type ki ladki se hi karenge. But y? Ask yourself that are you homely too? If not, then why do you expect your wife to be homely???? And homely means who makes home. Takes care of every household thing. And behaves well. Listens to what parents/elders say. Doesnt argue much and all that. I am saying all this because if being homely mean and therefores having all these characteristics, then I am not homely and I do not expect my wife to be homely. I believe that love always happens between equals. And unless it is not mutual, then it is not love. Just like this, even in cases of arranged marriage, it is marriage between equals. A guy or his parents shouldn’t expect their bahu to be extra talented and dedicated than their son (Ofcourse my statement is quite unreasonable but in my views thats the way it should be). Why do you want only that kind of bahu who can take care of old parents? Ladka marr gaya hai kya? Ya ek dum dabboo aur gadha hai ki he cant take care of his parents? If he cant then why should his wife take care of them????

Next issue is. Y is it necessary that ladki should be sundar if your son is ugly??? Is she going to increase your TRPs in the social circle???? Is she going to be a showpiece????

Why do you expect your prospective wife to be an expert chef when you yourself do not know how to cook?? I am actually very lazy and unless and until I don’t get a kick from my own self or I am in a mood to cook, I don’t cook. Infact If i had to live alone and on my own then one day I will die starving. Ofcourse I can cook few things but then I will get bored eating those things and wont cook only and then die starving.

Next is dahej. What have you done in life that you should get dahej in your marriage????? Its okay you might be an IAS or a CEO or whatever but you did not become an IAS to get dahej? You became IAS because you wanted to become an IAS. For your ambitions and satisfaction. Now to avoid the terminology of dahej, now a days parents of girl “GIFT” her car, loadza jewellery, cash, gadgets ,etc. If they gift her these things, then your parents should also gift them similar stuff??? Or otherwise nobody gifts anything to each other. Make it equal.

I don’t know how many of you would get inspired by my these stupid thoughts. But I think like that. I am trying to run away as fast as possible from this devil (being institution of marriage). It isn’t that I want to be in a live in relationship. Infact I do not want to be in relationship unless and until I find, meet and have a girl who I like. Infact, I am not looking or waiting for any girl at all. I am just living my life in the way I want to. If I had a girlfriend then I would be on phone uselessly chatting with her instead of writing this post here.



p.s.- Substantial part of this post was written long back. Today I have just finished it. Had been working like mad since sometime now.

No comments:

Post a Comment