Sunday, October 31, 2010

Before October Ends………

We all know about the famous poem by Robert Frost – Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. And since I have a keeda of keeping promises and commitments, I am specially writing this post to keep the promise that I had made with myself and this blog that No matter what, I shall write at least once in a month.

I feel as if I am in army because my mom keeps asking – “Ghar kab Aaogey”. I should be there in Indore this Monday for a week. I was supposed to leave for Delhi today morning but I did not get tickets. But then unexpectedly very early in the morning that there is an urgency in a matter and I have to stay back. Though I do not have substantial things to do in Office but I am here. Such uncertain has been things in my life since sometime now. But that has given me a chance to write to you. I really hope you all are doing well. My best wishes are always there with all of you. Yesterday it felt really good to hear that Vikram got through the main exam of the MP Judiciary. Well done!

I have now been working in Bombay since 2 ½. So far so good. This profession is such that it either causes burn out in a year or two to those who are bright but do not really enjoy doing such hardcore legal practice or who do not have what we call Aptitude or stamina (mental) to sustain the consistently swift pace and ever increasing load of work. Those who are able to manage but are not from this town find themselves in a catch 22 situation where they have a good job and handsome salary but life style is totally screwed. They feel they cant go back to their respective home towns to start from scratch on their own. After all who wants to give up on lakhs of rupees they are earning. And in their home towns there is no guarantee of earning even a decent sum of money, getting good clients. So they are stuck in their jobs just for earning money and being on their own. It should be respected. Everyone is fighting for their survival. Then there is another category of people who are talented and doing pretty good in this profession but who do not know what else to do in life are not very ambitious at this point of time. And of course there are focused ones who are brilliant. They plan for everything considering their growth in the profession. They invest, earn good appreciation and interest from their properties and reach at the higher levels in the profession. And there are other classes of people as well who are not covered above.

I am not discussing here the reason for people being like what they are. There could be hundred of such reasons starting from their family and economic background. I am just assuming and accepting those people as what they are today. Point is that this kind of classification exists in every profession and field in life. May be this creates balance. Because just because of such classification there the CEOs, the Secretaries, the Clerks, the peons, the drivers, etc they all exist in this system. I am not questioning the so called “Quality of Work”. I believe work is work. And if required, even a CEO should do what a office delivery boy has to do. I am not just preaching but I do this in practice.

Okay coming back to my life. I have abnormally lost some weight in previous 5-6 months. Plus haven’t been lucky with weekends either. And in most of the weeks I have ended up working on 7 days. This isn’t a complaint but a fact that I realized after a very long stretch of too much work. You people remember my “its raining men” posts in this regard. Anyways. It has been damn good fun and learning as well.

Looks like that not too many things are going in the right direction for me. Lack of physical exercises is not showing effects. While playing sports I realized that my stamina has come down considerably. That is obvious. And somehow I have realize that I wont be able to play competitive football much. As I would be playing with a fear of breaking my right fibula. Which is very saddening. But then I am weird. I know I will still play until I really break fibula once again. And too add to my misery, Liverpool is in the relegation zone and is being extremely unlucky. And Rajasthan Royals are out of IPL. Quite mysterious is sequence of all these events. But I am determined.

Finally I am Home for a week after 4 months. It is always good to be back at home. May be on November 3rd and 4th, I will be in Bhopal. I miss being in Bhopal.

Dear Blog, I am fulfilling my promise in the 11th hour. Please forgive me for this. And dear readers, I shall try come up with some more interesting stuff next time.

P.S.: I started writing this post a couple of days back and have finished it today.

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday to you...
    happy birthday to you.
    happy birthday to dear gooopi..
    happy birthday to you....

    ReplyDelete