Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And November still wakes me up!


I never had such a happening birthday since sometime now. I did not want to have any celebration at all but I ended up cutting 3 cakes. One at home in Indore, one at the Airport  and one at home in Mumbai and it stretched till today around 2 am.m. Ek baat toh satya hai ki Jis cheez se bhago, who tumhare peechey bhaagti hai. And now since I have mentioned abot my birthday, therefore I must mention about the strangest flowers ever received. And since it was perishable, there I thought of putting a picture of it here to make it everlasting.


I even thought of naming this post as Bhopal Gobhi phool(read as Genda Phool). Such was my experience in Bhopal (Nliu). It was as wonderful as always to be at Nliu. It will always have a special place in my heart and memories and I shall always do any possible thing for it. But things have changed drastically. The students (ofcourse since they pass out every year), the culture, the surroundings (which I liked) and most importantly the air. I do not know whether it is good or bad but it was a bit repulsive. For eg. It is a very small thing though, but I never thought the students I knew would fight over the college T-Shirt. And change is unavoidable. It happens but the air shouldn’t flow in the opposite direction. There is something wrong. Anyways. I do not know how am I concerned with it. It is a dynamic institution which makes its own way. Just like a river. It may be good it may not be good. Everything in life in uncertain.

Okay now coming back to the wake up call of November. It is the November. When I was on my way to home in Mumbai from the airport, I got a call from a stranger who told me that I had picked up a wrong luggage from the conveyer belt (okay. A small sentence on my observation about conveyer belt. How many of you have noticed that conveyer belts are manufactured by and show the name of “Gannon Dunkerly”- the famous case on works contract taught by Mr. Ghayur Alam???). That stranger was very polite inspite of the fact that it was entirely my fault. I went back and right at mid-night, when my birthday was getting over, I was exchanging the bags correctly at the Airport. Wake up call here is that you cant be careless. If you do something foolish, then you have to somehow pay for it. But when I reached back, there were a lot of surprises with friends waiting for me at home even after 12. It was a pleasant surprise. And I am really thankful for making me feel nice. 

The other wake up call was at office. And its a hattrick now. Hard days in November when MFKP isn’t happy with your work. Despite of pressure, your work shouldn’t be shabby. It should be as good. Learn to handle pressure. And I am still fighting with deadlines including finishing this post before 12 to keep my promise. December starts tomorrow. So does the WG Cricket season. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment