Monday, January 4, 2010

About my Journey back to Mumbai !!!!

Well, I would say this is my second post. First is the description of this blog. And my help and inspiration behind that is an artist. My friend Danish who is one of the most creative persons I have ever seen in my life.

My 10 day long winter vacation just got over yesterday and I came back to Mumbai. But I had quite an eventful journey on my way back to Bhopal. I met not less that 8 people i knew during my childhood in my flight. A very good coincidence. It was damn good to see all of them and felt very nostalgic. 9th known person was Mr. Sharat Saxena. Yes !!! the same Sharat Saxena who blew almost a fatal punch in Amitabh Bacchhan`s stomach and who played Ronny Singh in movie Ghulam. He looked old but still quite broad with well shaped biceps and triceps. His punches can still be fatal !!!!

Next was an incident that touched me so very much !!!! There was an eight year old kid, sitting with parents in a row behind mine, who looked kind of sick to me. May be he was really sick or could be because he was travelling in a flight for the first time (you can easily make out when people are travelling for the first time). Poor kid vomitted just before the flight could reach Indore. Fellow passengers were really troubled by the foul smell and were giving dirty looks (Luckily my nose was blocked). But neither the passengers, nor the poor kid were at fault. The real culprit was Indian Airlines who now, for cutting the cost, dont keep sickness bags in the seat pockets !!!! And obviously an eight year old kid does not know what to do when he is about to throw out. Then the crew tried making things better (infact worse) by emptying the cans of air fresheners and packets of tissues. After much efforts, a sweeper cleaned up the seat. Flight already got delayed by half and hour due to all this. And in everyone`s eye (as it looked to me), the culprit was still the poor kid. His father took him to loo where two people hardly fit. He cleaned his sons` clothes and gave his jacket to the poor kid. He did not look even one bit embarrassed for what all happened. Instead his full attention was at his son and he attended to the situation calmly. And when they came back, he made his son sit in his seat and himself sat in the dirty seat over which his son had puked. And later on he arranged a sickness bag from the cabin crew and was ready if required. I watched and observed all these things carefully and later on when the flight landed, I told the poor kid- "Koi baat nahi beta....hota hai !!!".  He was about to cry. Then i left the scene.

What i want to say is that no one else in this world but a father would do this !!! I just went into a flash back and thought about so many things that my father has done for me and my brother. So many selfless acts of kindness. Just imagine who would have done all that for you??? I just closed my eyes and thanked the father in the flight who gave me an opportunity to realise what my father has done for us.

2 comments:

  1. Stop!! Aur sentia jaungi :) Our daddies strongest!! I push mine out of the room anytime he tries to spend time with me. But jo bhi..i really love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pixels on my screen never looked so natural...and yet so meaningful..

    ReplyDelete