Friday, May 7, 2010

gauravgopal99 and gaurav_gopal99

The above are my email ids. I am simply writing this post because a senior associate today wanted to mail a bulky file on my personal id as it was bouncing off from my office id. When I told him my id, he asked me what does 99 mean in your id? I gave him an answer. I shouldn’t have thought much about it later but nevertheless I thought about this. Is it only me who thinks so much or everyone does it? I think every sentimental emotional fool does. And i bet all such sentimental and emotional fools have a very good memory. Coming back to the question. I have answered this question so many times. And I have always lied. My usual answers include that the id was not available, i made id in 99, etc. Thats a lie. Truth is that when I was in 11th standard, I opened my first ever account on hotmail only to chat and send & receive mails from a girl (with whom i had a long relationship thereafter). Thats okay i suppose. I would have made a simple id, but just for the simple reason I was hitting on that girl, I made id with digits 99 as she also had 99 in her id. At that time, I guess she also asked the same question, but at that time I did not answer the question. Years later when i opened account on gmail, i again used 99 as I was still in the relationship. And now I am living with these ids permanently. I am writing here not because I am regretting anything, but just wanted to tell you this small truth about myself. One should never compare their present with past. Becauser when it was there in the past, it was beautiful. And once you compare it with present, it will look as if it was a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment