Saturday, May 8, 2010

MAA

When despite of so many attempts I couldnt learn riding bicycle, my mom told me -"dont worry beta ! Just like you learned the multiplication tables, you would manage to learn riding bicycles." And I did manage. About 18 years later, I was in the final year of college and despite of a few attempts I could not manage to get a job. Since too many such things happened that time, I was very low and disappointed. My mom then told me that just like you managed riding bikes and multiplication tables, you will get a very good job as well.


Such has been support of my mom in my (our -including my brother) life throughout. Right since giving birth and showing us this beautiful world, taking us alone to doctors very far away in rickshaws when my dad was buisy in certain important meetings, teaching us all basic things essential in this world, being our full time tuitions, beating us to teach us lessons, singing for us, cooking for us everyday, making sure we always wear clean and well ironed clothes everyday, forgiving our mistakes, hiding our mistakes and saving us from dad's anger, understanding our needs and emotions, laughing with us, strengthening our characters, loving protecting and caring about us always (and for doing millions of such things), mom you have been like a god in our lives. Dad too has been equally important in our lives but this being a mothers day, all words here are for you.


I had never ever been away from home in my life of 24 years. I never stayed in any hostel or boarding school. And now here I am in Mumbai. Working and living alone and missing you everyday in my life.

माँ मुझे घर वापस बुला लो,
जो भी सब्जी बनोगी उसे मैं बिना शिकायत किये खाऊंगा,
जो काम कहोगी वह करूँगा और बिलकुल तंग नहीं करूँगा.
समय से उठूँगा और समय से सोऊंगा
गाडी धीरे चलाऊंगा और घर के काम में मदद भी करूँगा
सच बोलूँगा, मेहनत करूँगा, पैसा और शोहरत भी कमाऊंगा
ना  गलत काम करूँगा और ना ही गलत चीज़ को हाथ लगाऊंगा.

ये कहाँ आ गया हूँ मैं खुद समझ नहीं पाता हूँ
दिन रात सोचता हूँ और बस सोचता ही रह जाता हूँ
यहाँ आज़ादी है, मेरा वश भी चलता है और सब कुछ अपनी मर्ज़ी से करता हूँ
लेकिन सब अधूरा है, गहरा अँधेरा है जिससे मैं कभी सहम सा जाता हूँ
बड़ा हो गया हूँ, कमाने भी लगा हूँ और रोज़ ऑफिस जाता हूँ
पुरानी यादों में खो जाता हूँ पर नए सपने नहीं बुन पाता हूँ
काम में मन लगता हूँ पर रोज़ थक सा जाता हूँ
जब परेशान होता हूँ तोह खुद को समझाता हूँ 
हँसता भी हूँ , गाता हूँ और चेह्चाहाता भी हूँ
लोग हमेशा रहते हैं पर कई बार खुद को अकेला पाता हूँ
लोग कहते हैं कि मैं तरक्की कर रहा हूँ
जो कुछ भी हूँ, जैसा भी हूँ और जहाँ भी हूँ
आज मैं खुश हूँ

है हकीकत कि यह सब कुछ तुम्हारी बदौलत! 
मेरी येही  है आस कि मैं सदा रहूँ तुम्हारे पास!
वरना किस काम कि यह तरक्की और किस काम कि यह शोहरत !

2 comments:

  1. maa toh hai maa...

    maa saa koi kahaan...

    GOPI ...I loved it ...so very true...

    ReplyDelete